Oct 5, 2017

I, Charles Shobhraj

One starts running for a particular reason (fitness, health, weight loss, etc.). And soon one tends to fall in love with running. At least, this has been the case with me. I started running for reasons of health. And now run simply because I like it. Running elates me. Maybe, I am of an age when one feels proud of whatever little one achieves in terms of fitness. I tell you, there is no such feeling as being tired & drenched in sweat after finishing a run. The reason why one is back on the road within a few days (many do it daily, but not me).

Just like a seasoned thief. Who gets a high by the act of stealing. He doesn’t do it for material gains, nor out of habit. But for the very same reason that most of us run. And escaping the clutches of sleep & getting out of bed, makes one feel like Jai & Veeru in Sholay. Had I been a thief in real life, maybe I would have stolen just for the kick it gives.

Strange thoughts, but I had these during my run this morning. I had turned from MES gate towards Tulsidham, Manjalpur. And, following the rule book, was running against the traffic. There was not much of it, though. No vehicles approaching, and the opening in the median in sight, I started crossing the road. My subconscious mind informed me that I was in Baroda & looked behind. Just in time, for there was a couple on a scooter right behind me. They were driving on the wrong side, but the lady on the pillion gave me such a look that I felt like Charles Shobhraj affecting another jailbreak.

Such thoughts never last & as I finished my run, I was feeling good (and young) again.

Before I sign off, the couple were riding a white Honda Activa (GJ6 KM 9288). If any of you know them, pls ask them to wear a helmet. And, not drive on the wrong side. And, be considerate towards pedestrians & runners. And, whatever else you feel like…

3 comments: